Game Changers Young Adult Healthy Lifestyle Bootcamp
We’re pleased to announce Living Foods Institute at Tula Health is providing three engaging, fun, plant-based and activity packed days to help young adults experience the vast mental and physical benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
The Game Changers Healthy Lifestyle Bootcamp will take place at Living Foods Institute at Tula Health over the MLK, Jr. weekend, Saturday, January 18 - Monday, January 20. This three-day program would be helpful for those students struggling with stress, anxiety, digestive issues, chronic health issues and poor eating habits. The three-day program will also include a few hours of community service which most high school students are required to complete.
Participants will experience:
- Delicious organic food
- Learn to prepare healthy meals as a group
- Learn how your gut influences your brain (*please see this TedTalk about the connection of gut and brain health)
- Balance mind and body with unique experiences including; yoga, meditation, sound bath and tapping
- Hear speakers on topics relating to managing stress and anxiety
- Increased academic and athletic performance
- Give back to the community through a community service project on MLK, Jr. Day on Monday, Jan 20
“When we consider the connection between brain and gut, it’s important to know that 90% of serotonin* receptors are located in the gut. The gut-brain axis offers us a greater understanding of the connection between diet and disease, including depression and anxiety.” Harvard Medical School Publication
*Serotonin is used to transmit messages between nerve cells, it is thought to be active in constricting smooth muscles, and it contributes to wellbeing and happiness, among other things. As the precursor for melatonin, it helps regulate the body’s sleep-wake cycles and the internal clock. it appears to play a key role in maintaining mood balance. Low serotonin levels have been linked to depression.